Everybody wants to become the best version of themselves possible, but sometimes we lack the tools necessary to uncover that part of ourselves. Joining us today in this thriving episode, we have a fitness coach, mentor, author, founder of Thrive Studio and speaker, Jay Nixon. Jay and Lance kick the episode into starting gears by exploring his upbringing, his days in college and the adversities within it. Jay reveals to Lance and listeners how fitness and nutrition was Jay’s outlet and addiction in life. Jay shares his journey into personal development after experiencing some heavy loss in his personal life. Empowerment tools are explored and Jay elaborates the advice he gives his clients and provides tips for managing negativity in your life.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Jay answers with, “I know adversity has taught me that I can be, do, and have anything that I want.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:03:02] Jay's Backstory
- [00:09:58] Fitness As An Addiction
- [00:17:35] Shifting to Personal Development
- [[00:26:00] Tools For Empowerment
- [00:37:27] Managing Negativity
Connect with Jay Nixon
2. Find Jay on his website to get your FREE guide, “Fat, Foggy & Frustrated.”
3. Pick up a copy of Jay’s book, “The Overweight Mind: The Undeniable Truth Behind Why You're Not Losing Weight” here on Amazon!
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!