In this episode, Lance and Brian discuss dealing with friction and EXPECTING ADVERSITY!
Brian Keating is an astrophysicist and a professor of physics at the University of California, San Diego. Where he leads the AX center for experimental cosmology.
He is also a renowned public speaker, inventor, and best-selling author of Losing the Nobel Prize which is a story of cosmology, ambition, and the perils of science’s highest honor.
Brian tells listeners: “If you go through life and you have this expectation that you are going to have the wind at your back. You are going to be much more disappointed than if you expect there to be adversity, headwinds, friction, and flux. Then you overcome it or maybe it is not even there.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to engage passion in aspiring astronomers
- The emotion behind winning a Nobel Prize
- Coping with rejection and humiliation
- The importance of meditation
- Finding meaning in the unknown
Connect with Brian Keating:
- Follow Brian on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Get your very own space dust! Register on the mailing list on his website!
Connect with Lance:
- Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
- Connect with Lance onFacebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to overcome failure and tragedy, while becoming your best self with the University of Adversity podcast. Join your host Lance Essihos as he interviews successful individuals that have fought the hard battles to overcome life’s obstacles. Lance started the University of Adversity podcast after overcoming his own adversities shared in episode 01.
Join him and thousands of other entrepreneurs in learning how to use Adversity as a fuel to ignite your inner flame and live the life you have always desired. Tune in weekly for a dose of positivity, strength, and real-life practical advice to achieve your life goals.