Being able to admit failure after so many attempts to fame, isn’t an easy task! Please join us in this real-talk episode with Marc LaFleur, CEO & Founder of truLOCAL. Marc shares his backstory to help us paint a picture of how things went for him before truLOCAL. Having locally sourced meat & knowing where your food comes from is very important to both Marc & Lance. Whether you’re a meat-eater, vegetarian or vegan, take note of how they show importance to everyone’s take on this. Hear how Dragon’s Den isn’t “just a show” and how important it is to know your business's numbers for success. Marc shares why having timeframes, routines and a vison/goal(s) are so important. Recognize the importance of celebrating every win in your life, no matter how big or small. Allow Marc to explain how to build a culture within your environment.
WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY
Marc answers with, “You’re stronger than you are!”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [03:11:11] Marc’s backstory
- [11:00:25] Deciding Failure in Past Businesses
- [14:22:18] Pitching Dragon’s Den & Knowing Your Numbers
- [18:38:48] Recognizing the Importance of Making Locally Sourced Meat Available
- [23:53:10] Being a Founder
- [29:21:52] Committing to a Timeframe & Having a Vision/Goal
- [32:27:09] Benefits of Waking up Early
- [36:29:52] Marc’s Morning Routine
- [38:12:15] Importance of Celebrating All Wins
- [44:17:55] Building Your Culture in Your Environment
Connect with Marc LaFleur:
2. Find Marc on his website
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!