215. Kevin Harrington - The Original Pioneer & Sharkpreneur
One of the original Shark’s from Shark Tank and the OG pioneer of entrepreneurship, Kevin Harrington the legend himself joins Lance and listeners to share his story with adversity and becoming his own boss. Being a successful entrepreneur, author, and businessman, Kevin opens up about his upbringing being the fourth born of six siblings and how his mentor father taught him to value working for himself. Starting with a drywall ceiling business leading to co-founding the non-profit entrepreneur organization in 1987, Kevin has paved the way for modern entrepreneurs and pioneered what it means to be an entrepreneur. Join us until the end of this legendary episode to hear all of the golden pieces of advice Kevin has for listeners.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Kevin answers with, “Don't face things alone, get some good advice, and get yourself a dream team.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:06:30] Kevin’s Backstory
- [00:11:08] Kevin's Entrepreneurial History
- [00:14:11] Modern Entrepreneurship
- [00:17:48] Key Tips for the Perfect Pitch
- [00:23:17] Believing In Yourself When Others Do Not
Connect with Kevin Harrington:
1. Follow Kevin on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, & Medium
2. Find Kevin on his website
3. Tune in to Kevin’s podcast, Sharkpreneur
4. Grab a copy of one of Kevin’s many amazing books here!
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Connect with Lance on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
● Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!