117. Joe De Sena- The Uncompromising and Disciplined Life of a Spartan
Kicking things off in this episode, we have Joe De Sena joining us to share his hardships and fights to become the founder and CEO of Spartan, the world's largest obstacle race and endurance brand. With failures and falls, Joe has risen from the ashes to become a New York Times Best Selling Author as well as his own podcast host on his show, Spartan Up. Joe leads a life full of beastly raw strength, pushing himself to the limit, and never one to believe in excuses.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY
Joe shares a story by saying, “It's never that bad. Never that bad. It's never that bad. Right? As long as you keep things in perspective. I got a friend whose going to jail in two weeks, he made a silly stupid mistake. You can see he's a little rattled. He lost his career, and I said, "Dude, you're not missing a leg, you're not missing an arm." It really resonated with him."
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:02:58] Growing up in organized crime capital of the world
- [00:12:08] Spartan's origins
- [00:15:20] What's your purpose?
- [00:30:32] Discipline is non-negotiable
- [00:39:55] Parent Methodology
- [00:44:33] Diet and Nutrition
Connect with Joe:
1. Follow Joe De Sena on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
2. Follow Joe on his website, https://joedesena.com/
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Connect with Lance on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!